Principal, Gene Newton
119 North Garden Street
Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
Phone: (217) 792-7220
Fax: (217) 792-7221
- Friday, April 17th: Mid-term - This is also the deadline for 8th grade students to turn in their $30 for the Six Flags field trip.
- Friday, April 17th: Market Day Pick-Up via back cafeteria doors from 4:15 pm until 5:30 pm.
- Monday, April 20th: Board of Education meeting at 7:00 pm in the District Office
- Tuesday, April 28th: Pre-K Screenings - Appointments must be made in advance by calling the grade school office at 217.792.7220.
- Friday, May 8th: Market Day order forms are due to the office. If you are ordering online, the order is due by 11:00 pm on Saturday, May 9th.
- Friday, May 8th: The Junior High Band and Chorus Concert will be held at the High School Gymnasium beginning at 6:30 pm.
- Thursday, May 14th: Athletic Banquet at the American Legion at 6:00 pm. Tickets are required for the banquet.
- Friday, May 15th: Deadline for current kindergarten through 3rd grade girls to register for Mr. A’s Honeybear Basketball Camp.
- Friday, May 15th: Market Day Pick-Up via back cafeteria doors from 4:15 pm until 5:30pm.
- Monday, May 18th: Board of Education meeting at 7:00 pm in the District Office
- Wednesday, May 20th: All school library books are due back to the Learning Center.
- Thursday, May 21st: BOGO Bookfair! This “buy one get one free” event will occur during school hours for students.
- Friday, May 22nd: BOGO Bookfair! This “buy one get one free” event will occur during school hours for students.
- Friday, May 22nd: 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony at 7:00 pm
- Monday, May 25th: No School - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 26th: Tentative 1:58 pm Student Dismissal
- Wednesday, May 27th: Tentative Last Day of Student Attendance - Tentative 1:58 pm Dismissal
- Tuesday, June 2nd: Market Day order forms are due to the office. If you are ordering online, the order is due by 11:00 pm on Saturday, June 6th.
- Friday, June 12th: Market Day Pick-Up via back cafeteria doors from 4:15 pm until 5:30 pm.
- The bus barn phone number is 217-792-5687. This number receives text messages and calls. Please text or call the bus barn if your child will not be riding as usual.
- Families interested in purchasing the $100 Family Athletics Pass should fill out this form and return it to the High School office with payment.
- Need affordable internet at home? Comcast is offering an affordable opportunity for families who qualify. Click here to check it out or call 1-855-846-8376.
- Unlike current state assessments, the PARCC assessments will provide information on the full range of knowledge and skills needed to be career and college ready or on track toward that goal. These improvements from current tests will help teachers guide instruction and give more information to students and their parents. Find out more:
- Click here to read the MPCUD #23 Personalized Learning Initiative (PLI) as discussed in detail at the August 2013 Board of Education meeting.
Guidelines for Interrupted School Days
- Citation 105 ILCS 5/18-12 states "Interrupted days may not be pre-announced. All school districts have access to various media outlets to announce early dismissal/school closings to inform parents and allow them to arrange alternative child care arrangements as necessary." Please be aware of the possibility that early dismissals due to excessive heat will be made on the day of the dismissal. Keep informed by checking the media outlets listed in the Student Handbook, by signing up to receive email alerts via TeacherEase, or by checking the school Facebook page.
- The Technology Department recycles used cell phones, inkjet cartridges, and laserjet cartridges throughout the entire school year. Toner and ribbons are not accepted. Feel free to drop off items in the school office for the recycling program.
- Keep informed of your students' progress online. TeacherEase is available for students and parents. Request a sign-in!
School Year Information