Principal, Gene Newton
119 North Garden Street
Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
Phone: (217) 792-7220
Fax: (217) 792-7221
- Friday, April 29th: 8th Grade Shedd Aquarium Field Trip - Bus departs promptly at 6:10 am.
- Friday, April 29th: Students dismissed at 11:24 am.
- Friday, April 29th: Deadline for Athletic Banquet reservations
- Friday, May 6th: Deadline to register for boy’s summer basketball camps. Camps are available for boys entering grades 1 through 8.
- Wednesday, May 11th: Grades 5-8 Band and Chorus Concert at the High School Gymnasium at 6:30 pm.
- Thursday, May 12th: Athletic Banquet at the American Legion at 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 17th: The Spring Music Program for grades K-5 will be at 2:00 pm in the MPGS Gymnasium.
- Wednesday, May 18th: 8th grade class trip
- Friday, May 20th: 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony at 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 24th & Wednesday, May 25th: Cheerleading Clinics for students interested in trying out for the 2016-17 MPGS Cheerleading Squad. Clinics run from 3:30 pm until 5:30 pm at MPGS. Students must be entering grades 6-8 in August to try-out.
- Thursday, May 26th: Cheerleading Try-Outs at MPGS from 3:30 pm until 5:30 pm.
- Friday, May 27th: Student dismissal at 1:58 pm
- Monday, May 30th: No School - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 31st: Student dismissal at 1:58 pm - last day of student attendance
- MPGS is now a CATCH School! We’re working to help all students become CATCH MVP’s. A CATCH MVP is a student who Moves & stays active, Values healthing eating, and Practices healthy habits. Click here to learn more!
- NEWS FROM PASE: Spirit wear items are available to order online. You can customize the text on the items and choose from a variety of clubs and sports in the drop-down menu. There are also limited quantities of MP Stadium Chairs and Tervis Cups available.
- The bus barn phone number is 217-792-5687. This number receives text messages and calls. Please text or call the bus barn if your child will not be riding as usual.
- Families interested in purchasing the $100 Family Athletics Pass should fill out this form and return it to the office with payment.
- Need affordable internet at home? Comcast is offering an affordable opportunity for families who qualify. Click here to check it out or call 1-855-846-8376.
- Unlike previous state assessments, the PARCC assessments will provide information on the full range of knowledge and skills needed to be career and college ready or on track toward that goal. These improvements from current tests will help teachers guide instruction and give more information to students and their parents. Find out more:
- Click here to read the MPCUD #23 Personalized Learning Initiative (PLI) as discussed in detail at the August 2013 Board of Education meeting.
- The Technology Department recycles used cell phones, inkjet cartridges, and laserjet cartridges throughout the entire school year. Toner and ribbons are not accepted. Feel free to drop off items in the school office for the recycling program.
- Keep informed of your students' progress online. TeacherEase is available for students and parents. Request a sign-in!
School Year Information