Principal, Gene Newton
119 North Garden Street
Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
Phone: (217) 792-7220
Fax: (217) 792-7221
- Student Council Cereal Drive! The cereal drive runs through the month of December.
- Tuesday, December 6th: PreK through 4th grade Christmas Concert at 6:30 pm in the MPGS Gymnasium.
- Monday, December 12th: PASE meeting at 7:00 pm in the Library
- Tuesday, December 13th: Penguin Patch for students in grades K through 4 (during school).
- Wednesday, December 14th: Grades 5 through 8 Band and Chorus Concert at 6:30 pm at the High School gymnasium.
- Friday, December 16th: Deadline for students in grades K through 4 to sign up for Jr. Topper Biddy Ball League.
- Monday, December 19th: School dismisses at 1:58 pm.
- Tuesday, December 20th: School dismisses at 1:58 pm.
- Tuesday, December 20th: End of Quarter 2 - End of Semester 1
- Wednesday, December 21st through Tuesday, January 3rd: No School
- Wednesday, January 4th: School resumes.
- Schwan’s Fundraiser: The PASE Schwan’s fundraiser is under way. It’s a great way to feed your family with the Schwan’s products you love and raise money for the school!
- MPGS is a CATCH School! We’re working to help all students become CATCH MVP’s. A CATCH MVP is a student who Moves & stays active, Values healthing eating, and Practices healthy habits. Click here to learn more!
- NEWS FROM PASE: There are limited quantities of MP Stadium Chairs available.
- The bus barn phone number is 217-792-5687. This number receives text messages and calls. Please text or call the bus barn if your child will not be riding as usual.
- Families interested in purchasing the $125 Family Athletics Pass should fill out this form and return it to the office with payment.
- Need affordable internet at home? Comcast is offering an affordable opportunity for families who qualify. Click here to check it out or call 1-855-846-8376.
- Unlike previous state assessments, the PARCC assessments will provide information on the full range of knowledge and skills needed to be career and college ready or on track toward that goal. These improvements from current tests will help teachers guide instruction and give more information to students and their parents. Find out more:
- Click here to read the MPCUD #23 Personalized Learning Initiative (PLI) as discussed in detail at the August 2013 Board of Education meeting.
- The Technology Department recycles used cell phones, inkjet cartridges, and laserjet cartridges throughout the entire school year. Toner and ribbons are not accepted. Feel free to drop off items in the school office for the recycling program.
- Keep informed of your students' progress online. TeacherEase is available for students and parents. Request a sign-in!
School Year Information