Principal, Gene Newton
119 North Garden Street
Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
Phone: (217) 792-7220
Fax: (217) 792-7221
- The State Fair Tram Sign Up sheets are located at City Hall. Please sign up for a shift by visiting City Hall in person on weekdays during regular business hours.
- Online Registration will be available via the TeacherEase system for the 2014-15 school year for returning students in grades K-12. This online registration opportunity closes on August 1st. If you miss the online registration window, or are a new student, you will need to register in person during the August walk-in hours. If you do not have an active TeacherEase account, contact the office to submit your email address for an account.
- Parent Information Night to go over the handbook and expectations for the Personalized Learning Initiative is Monday, August 4th, in the high school cafeteria. Grades K - 5 . The time slot is 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm. The Grades 6 - 8 time slot is 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm. Parent/Student signature pages will also be available at this time. Payment for the PLI Protection Plan will also be accepted. It will be beneficial for parents to read through the PLI Handbook prior to the Information Night. Also, parents of students under 13 need to read this document regarding Apple IDs.
- Walk-in Registration for the 2014-15 school year is available weekdays, August 4th through August 15th, from 8 am until 3 pm.
- Classroom Supply Lists for the 2014-15 School Year
- The two day try-outs for the 2014-2015 boy’s baseball team will be from 9:30 am until noon on Monday, August 4th, and Tuesday, August 5th. Athletes should plan to be in attendance at both sessions and should have a current physical on file in order to participate.
- Any incoming 5th - 8th grade girl who is interested in playing basketball this fall is strongly encourage to attend camp. Camp will be held Monday, August 25th - Thursday, August 28th, from 3:30 pm until 5:00 pm. Try-outs for the MPGS Honeybear Basketball Team are Tuesday, September 2nd, from 3:15 pm until 5:00 pm. Registration Form - Due Monday, August 25th!
- The bus barn phone number is 217-792-5687. This number receives text messages and calls.
- Families interested in purchasing the $100 Family Athletics Pass may do so at any indoor home athletic event or may see Mr. Newton during regular school hours.
- Need affordable internet at home? Comcast is offering an affordable opportunity for families who qualify. Click here to check it out or call 1-855-846-8376.
- Unlike current state assessments, the PARCC assessments will provide information on the full range of knowledge and skills needed to be career and college ready or on track toward that goal. These improvements from current tests will help teachers guide instruction and give more information to students and their parents. Find out more:
- Click here to read the MPCUD #23 Personalized Learning Initiative (PLI) as discussed in detail at the August 2013 Board of Education meeting.
Guidelines for Interrupted School Days
- Citation 105 ILCS 5/18-12 states "Interrupted days may not be pre-announced. All school districts have access to various media outlets to announce early dismissal/school closings to inform parents and allow them to arrange alternative child care arrangements as necessary." Please be aware of the possibility that early dismissals due to excessive heat wil be made on the day of the dismissal. Keep informed by checking the media outlets listed in the Student Handbook, by signing up to receive email alerts via TeacherEase, or by checking the school Facebook page.
- The Technology Department recycles used cell phones, inkjet cartridges, and laserjet cartridges throughout the entire school year. Toner and ribbons are not accepted. Feel free to drop off items in the school office for the recycling program.
- Keep informed of your students' progress online. TeacherEase is available for students and parents. Request a sign-in!
School Year Information