Principal, Gene Newton
119 North Garden Street
Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
Phone: (217) 792-7220
Fax: (217) 792-7221
- Wednesday, November 26th: 1:58 pm dismissal - Final deadline to turn in Spirit Wear order forms and payments. Click here for a description of items available. Click here for the order form. Orders will be in before Christmas.
- Thursday, November 27th: No School - Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 28th: No School
- Monday, December 1st: Market Day orders are due!
- Friday, December 5th: Market Day Pick Up at 4:15 pm in the MPGS Cafeteria. Come to the back cafeteria doors!
- Monday, December 8th: PASE Meeting at 7:00 pm in the Library
- Tuesday, December 9th: Grades K and 1 Winter Concert at 6:30 pm in the MPGS Gymnasium
- Friday, December 12th: Grades 5 through 8 Winter Band and Chorus Concert at 6:30 pm at the High School Gymnasium
- Friday, December 12th: Deadline for 8th grade students to submit a baby picture for the yearbook! No exceptions!
- Monday, December 15th: Board of Education Meeting at 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 16th: Grades 2 through 4 Winter Concert at 6:30 pm in the MPGS Gymnasium
- Thursday, December 18th: Students dismissed at 1:58 pm
- Friday, December 19th: Students dismissed at 1:58 pm - End of Semester 1 and Quarter 2
- Friday, December 19th: Junior Toppers registration forms are due to Mr. Anderson!
- December 20th - January 5th: No School
- Tuesday, January 6th: School Resumes - Start of Semester 2
- The bus barn phone number is 217-792-5687. This number receives text messages and calls. Please text or call the bus barn if your child will not be riding as usual.
- Families interested in purchasing the $100 Family Athletics Pass should fill out this form and return it to the High School office with payment.
- Need affordable internet at home? Comcast is offering an affordable opportunity for families who qualify. Click here to check it out or call 1-855-846-8376.
- Unlike current state assessments, the PARCC assessments will provide information on the full range of knowledge and skills needed to be career and college ready or on track toward that goal. These improvements from current tests will help teachers guide instruction and give more information to students and their parents. Find out more:
- Click here to read the MPCUD #23 Personalized Learning Initiative (PLI) as discussed in detail at the August 2013 Board of Education meeting.
Guidelines for Interrupted School Days
- Citation 105 ILCS 5/18-12 states "Interrupted days may not be pre-announced. All school districts have access to various media outlets to announce early dismissal/school closings to inform parents and allow them to arrange alternative child care arrangements as necessary." Please be aware of the possibility that early dismissals due to excessive heat wil be made on the day of the dismissal. Keep informed by checking the media outlets listed in the Student Handbook, by signing up to receive email alerts via TeacherEase, or by checking the school Facebook page.
- The Technology Department recycles used cell phones, inkjet cartridges, and laserjet cartridges throughout the entire school year. Toner and ribbons are not accepted. Feel free to drop off items in the school office for the recycling program.
- Keep informed of your students' progress online. TeacherEase is available for students and parents. Request a sign-in!
School Year Information