Principal, Gene Newton
119 North Garden Street
Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
Phone: (217) 792-7220
Fax: (217) 792-7221
- Thursday, November 6th: First deadline to turn in Spirit Wear order forms. Orders and payments (checks to PASE) received by this day will be in by Christmas on Vinegar Hill. Click here for a description of items available. Click here for the order form.
- Tuesday, November 11th: No School - Veteran’s Day
- Wednesday, November 12th: 1:30 pm student dismissal for school improvement.
- Wednesday, November 12th: Picture re-take day. If you are re-taking due to a flaw in your originals, you must return the original photos to the photographer when getting the new photo taken. Order forms and payment are needed at the time of photos for any students who are getting photographed for the first time. Team photos for Girl’s Basketball will be taken. These athletes need to have their uniforms and payments/orders with them when they come to school.
- Wednesday, November 12th: St. Louis Cardinals Calendar Order Forms and payments are due by 3:00pm! Late orders will not be accepted.
- Monday, November 17th: Board of Education Meeting at 7:00 pm
- Friday, November 21st: Last day to sign up for the Miles for Smiles Dental Clinic. Clinic will be held on December 11th during the school day at MPGS. All students are eligible, regardless of insurance coverage.
- Friday, November 21st: Please bring your 5 dozen baked items to the school for the Christmas on Vinegar Hill Cookie Walk!
- Saturday, November 22nd: Christmas on Vinegar Hill from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm at MPGS! We will have a pay by the ounce/pound cookie walk, luncheon in the cafeteria, and 60+ vendors lined throughout the building.
- Wednesday, November 26th: 1:58 pm dismissal - Final deadline to turn in Spirit Wear order forms and payments. Click here for a description of items available. Click here for the order form. Orders will be in before Christmas.
- Thursday, November 27th: No School - Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 28th: No School
- Monday, December 8th: PASE Meeting at 7:00 pm in the Library
- Tuesday, December 9th: Grades K and 1 Winter Concert at 6:30 pm in the MPGS Gymnasium
- Friday, December 12th: Grades 5 through 8 Winter Band and Chorus Concert at 6:30 pm at the High School Gymnasium
- Monday, December 15th: Board of Education Meeting at 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 16th: Grades 2 through 4 Winter Concert at 6:30 pm in the MPGS Gymnasium
- Thursday, December 18th: Students dismissed at 1:58 pm
- Friday, December 19th: Students dismissed at 1:58 pm - End of Semester 1 and Quarter 2
- December 20th - January 5th: No School
- Tuesday, January 6th: School Resumes - Start of Semester 2
- The bus barn phone number is 217-792-5687. This number receives text messages and calls. Please text or call the bus barn if your child will not be riding as usual.
- Families interested in purchasing the $100 Family Athletics Pass should fill out this form and return it to the High School office with payment.
- Need affordable internet at home? Comcast is offering an affordable opportunity for families who qualify. Click here to check it out or call 1-855-846-8376.
- Unlike current state assessments, the PARCC assessments will provide information on the full range of knowledge and skills needed to be career and college ready or on track toward that goal. These improvements from current tests will help teachers guide instruction and give more information to students and their parents. Find out more:
- Click here to read the MPCUD #23 Personalized Learning Initiative (PLI) as discussed in detail at the August 2013 Board of Education meeting.
Guidelines for Interrupted School Days
- Citation 105 ILCS 5/18-12 states "Interrupted days may not be pre-announced. All school districts have access to various media outlets to announce early dismissal/school closings to inform parents and allow them to arrange alternative child care arrangements as necessary." Please be aware of the possibility that early dismissals due to excessive heat wil be made on the day of the dismissal. Keep informed by checking the media outlets listed in the Student Handbook, by signing up to receive email alerts via TeacherEase, or by checking the school Facebook page.
- The Technology Department recycles used cell phones, inkjet cartridges, and laserjet cartridges throughout the entire school year. Toner and ribbons are not accepted. Feel free to drop off items in the school office for the recycling program.
- Keep informed of your students' progress online. TeacherEase is available for students and parents. Request a sign-in!
School Year Information