Principal, Gene Newton
119 North Garden Street
Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
Phone: (217) 792-7220
Fax: (217) 792-7221
- Monday, October 6th through Wednesday, October 8th: The Book Fair is open during school hours. The Book Fair will also be open from 3:00 pm until 8:00 pm on Thursday, October 9th.
- Thursday, October 9th: 11:27 am student dismissal - Parent/Teacher Conferences from 3 pm - 8 pm. Please call in advance to schedule an appointment (junior high) or sign up directly with the teacher (K-5).
- Friday, October 10th: Students not in attendance. Parent/Teacher Conferences from 8 am - 12 pm.
- Monday, October 13th: No School - There is a PASE meeting at 7:00 pm in the MPGS Learning Center.
- Wednesday, October 15th: Deadline for physicals/immunizations/eye exams for students in PreK, Kindergarten and 6th grade.
- Friday, October 17th: End of Quarter 1
- Friday, October 31st: 1:30 pm student dismissal for School Improvement
- The bus barn phone number is 217-792-5687. This number receives text messages and calls. Please text or call the bus barn if your child will not be riding as usual.
- Families interested in purchasing the $100 Family Athletics Pass should fill out this form and return it to the High School office with payment.
- Need affordable internet at home? Comcast is offering an affordable opportunity for families who qualify. Click here to check it out or call 1-855-846-8376.
- Unlike current state assessments, the PARCC assessments will provide information on the full range of knowledge and skills needed to be career and college ready or on track toward that goal. These improvements from current tests will help teachers guide instruction and give more information to students and their parents. Find out more:
- Click here to read the MPCUD #23 Personalized Learning Initiative (PLI) as discussed in detail at the August 2013 Board of Education meeting.
Guidelines for Interrupted School Days
- Citation 105 ILCS 5/18-12 states "Interrupted days may not be pre-announced. All school districts have access to various media outlets to announce early dismissal/school closings to inform parents and allow them to arrange alternative child care arrangements as necessary." Please be aware of the possibility that early dismissals due to excessive heat wil be made on the day of the dismissal. Keep informed by checking the media outlets listed in the Student Handbook, by signing up to receive email alerts via TeacherEase, or by checking the school Facebook page.
- The Technology Department recycles used cell phones, inkjet cartridges, and laserjet cartridges throughout the entire school year. Toner and ribbons are not accepted. Feel free to drop off items in the school office for the recycling program.
- Keep informed of your students' progress online. TeacherEase is available for students and parents. Request a sign-in!
School Year Information
- 2014-15 Academic School Year Calendar - Approved on 4/22/14