Principal, Gene Newton
119 North Garden Street
Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
Phone: (217) 792-7220
Fax: (217) 792-7221
- Have a student entering grades 1st through 4th next year that likes to play basketball? Check out Mr. A’s Jr. Topper Camp!
- Wednesday, April 16th: Spring picture orders and money are due!
- Wednesday, April 16th: 1:58 pm dismissal
- Thursday, April 17th: No School
- Friday, April 18th: No School
- Friday, April 19th: 8th grade students going on the class trip need to have payment for the trip turned in by this date.
- Monday, April 21st: No School
- Friday, April 25th: Mid-Term
- Friday, May 9th: Deadline to turn in Jr. Topper Basketball Camp Registration Form
- Thursday, May 15th: Junior High Spring Concert at 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 20th: Grade K-5 Spring Concert at 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 20th: 8th Grade Class Trip
- Friday, May 23rd: 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony at 7:00 pm
- Monday, May 26th: No School - Memorial Day
- Monday, June 2nd: Last Day of Student Attendance
- Families interested in purchasing the $100 Family Athletics Pass may do so at any indoor home athletic event or may see Mr. Newton during regular school hours.
- Need affordable internet at home? Comcast is offering an affordable opportunity for families who qualify. Click here to check it out or call 1-855-846-8376.
- Unlike current state assessments, the PARCC assessments will provide information on the full range of knowledge and skills needed to be career and college ready or on track toward that goal. These improvements from current tests will help teachers guide instruction and give more information to students and their parents. Find out more:
- Click here to read the MPCUD #23 Personalized Learning Initiative (PLI) as discussed in detail at the August 2013 Board of Education meeting.
Guidelines for Interrupted School Days
- Citation 105 ILCS 5/18-12 states "Interrupted days may not be pre-announced. All school districts have access to various media outlets to announce early dismissal/school closings to inform parents and allow them to arrange alternative child care arrangements as necessary." Please be aware of the possibility that early dismissals due to excessive heat wil be made on the day of the dismissal. Keep informed by checking the media outlets listed in the Student Handbook, by signing up to receive email alerts via TeacherEase, or by checking the school Facebook page.
- The Technology Department recycles used cell phones, inkjet cartridges, and laserjet cartridges throughout the entire school year. Toner and ribbons are not accepted. Feel free to drop off items in the school office for the recycling program.
- Keep informed of your students' progress online. TeacherEase is available for students and parents. Request a sign-in!
School Year Information