Principal, Gene Newton
119 North Garden Street
Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
Phone: (217) 792-7220
Fax: (217) 792-7221
- PASE Schwan’s Campaign
- Wednesday, April 26th: Deadline to turn in a PASE cup order.
- Thursday, April 27th: Preschool screening for the 2017-18 school year will occur by appointment during school hours. Children who will be 3 years old by September 1st are elgible to be screened. Please call the office to set up an appointment.
- Friday, April 28th: 11:27 am dismissal for School Improvement
- Tuesday, May 2nd: Teacher Appreciation Day!
- Friday, May 5th: FFA Petting Zoo
- Friday, May 5th: Grade 5-8 Spring Band and Chorus Concert at 6:30 PM in the HIGH SCHOOL Gymnasium
- Monday, May 8th: Athletic Banquet at the Legion begins at 6:00 PM. Tickets had to be ordered in advance in order to partake in the meal.
- Wednesday, May 10th: Pizza Man High Honor Roll Reward Luncheon for the junior high.
- Friday, May 12th: Deadline to register for Coach Deibert’s summer basketball camp at MPHS. Registration Form
- Friday, May 12th: MPGS Cheerleading Try-out Clinic for the 2017-18 school year will be from 3:30 PM until 5:30 PM. Students must be entering grades 6-8 in August to participate.
- Saturday, May 13th: MPGS Cheerleading Try-outs for the 2017-18 school year will be from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM in the grade school gym. Students must be entering grades 6-8 in August and have attended the May 12th clinic in order to participate.
- Tuesday, May 16th: Grade Kindergarten through 4 Spring Concert at 2:00 PM in the gymnasium.
- Wednesday, May 17th: 8th Grade Class Trip to Six Flags
- Thursday, May 18th: 8th Grade iPad Collection Day - Bring your iPad, charger and sync cable to school. $19 for each ruined or un-returned consumable component.
- Friday, May 19th: MPGS 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony at 6:30 PM in the MPGS Gymnasium
- Monday, May 29th: No School - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 30th: Students dismissed at 1:58 pm
- Wednesday, May 31st: Students dismissed at 1:58 pm - End of Quarter 4 - Last day of student attendance
- Thursday, June 1st: Teacher In-Service
- MPGS is a CATCH School! We’re working to help all students become CATCH MVP’s. A CATCH MVP is a student who Moves & stays active, Values healthing eating, and Practices healthy habits. Click here to learn more!
- The bus barn phone number is 217-792-5687. This number receives text messages and calls. Please text or call the bus barn if your child will not be riding as usual.
- Families interested in purchasing the $125 Family Athletics Pass should fill out this form and return it to the office with payment.
- Need affordable internet at home? Comcast is offering an affordable opportunity for families who qualify. Click here to check it out or call 1-855-846-8376.
- Unlike previous state assessments, the PARCC assessments will provide information on the full range of knowledge and skills needed to be career and college ready or on track toward that goal. These improvements from current tests will help teachers guide instruction and give more information to students and their parents. Find out more:
- Click here to read the MPCUD #23 Personalized Learning Initiative (PLI) as discussed in detail at the August 2013 Board of Education meeting.
- The Technology Department recycles used cell phones, inkjet cartridges, and laserjet cartridges throughout the entire school year. Toner and ribbons are not accepted. Feel free to drop off items in the school office for the recycling program.
- Keep informed of your students' progress online. TeacherEase is available for students and parents. Request a sign-in!
School Year Information