Principal, Gene Newton
119 North Garden Street
Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
Phone: (217) 792-7220
Fax: (217) 792-7221
- Enroll for Kindergarten Next Year! If you have a child that will be turning 5 years old by September 1, 2017, they are eligible to attend Kindergarten next school year. Please call the grade school office if your child fits the criteria and plans to enroll at MPGS.
- Monday, February 20th: No School - President’s Day
- Tuesday, February 21st through Friday, February 24th: Beat the Blahs Week! Dress up days will be as follows: Tuesday - Hippie Day; Wednesday - Crazy Hair Day; Thursday - Pajama Day; Friday - Homeroom Theme Day
- Thursday, February 28th: Freshmen Orientation - Current 8th grade students and parents should attend - 6:30 PM in the High School Gym
- Monday, March 6th: No School - Casimir Pulaski Day
- Thursday, March 9th: Spring Picture Day!
- Friday, March 17th: Deadline for students in grades PreK through 4 to sign up for Jr. Toppers Soccer.
- Friday, March 17th: End of Quarter 3
- Tuesday, March 21st: MPEA Variety Show - Celebrating Eduators! This variety/talent show will be at 7:00 PM in the High School Gym. It will feature MPCUD #23 Faculty and Staff. Admission is $3 per person. There will also be concessions available for purchase.
- Sunday, March 26th: Public Forum - “Getting to Know the School Board Candidates” will occur at 3:00 P.M. in the grade school gymnasium. The public may ask questions in an open forum to those people running for the open seats on the school board.
- Friday, March 31st: 11:27 am dismissal for School Improvement
- Tuesday, April 11th: Students dismissed at 1:58 pm
- Wednesday, April 12th - Monday, April 17th: No School - Spring Break
- Friday, April 28th: 11:27 am dismissal for School Improvement
- Friday, May 5th: FFA Petting Zoo
- Friday, May 5th: Grade 5-8 Spring Band and Chorus Concert at 6:30 PM in the HS Gym
- Monday, May 29th: No School - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 30th: Students dismissed at 1:58 pm
- Wednesday, May 31st: Students dismissed at 1:58 pm - End of Quarter 4 - Last day of student attendance
- Thursday, June 1st: Teacher In-Service
- MPGS is a CATCH School! We’re working to help all students become CATCH MVP’s. A CATCH MVP is a student who Moves & stays active, Values healthing eating, and Practices healthy habits. Click here to learn more!
- The bus barn phone number is 217-792-5687. This number receives text messages and calls. Please text or call the bus barn if your child will not be riding as usual.
- Families interested in purchasing the $125 Family Athletics Pass should fill out this form and return it to the office with payment.
- Need affordable internet at home? Comcast is offering an affordable opportunity for families who qualify. Click here to check it out or call 1-855-846-8376.
- Unlike previous state assessments, the PARCC assessments will provide information on the full range of knowledge and skills needed to be career and college ready or on track toward that goal. These improvements from current tests will help teachers guide instruction and give more information to students and their parents. Find out more:
- Click here to read the MPCUD #23 Personalized Learning Initiative (PLI) as discussed in detail at the August 2013 Board of Education meeting.
- The Technology Department recycles used cell phones, inkjet cartridges, and laserjet cartridges throughout the entire school year. Toner and ribbons are not accepted. Feel free to drop off items in the school office for the recycling program.
- Keep informed of your students' progress online. TeacherEase is available for students and parents. Request a sign-in!
School Year Information