Principal, Gene Newton
119 North Garden Street
Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
Phone: (217) 792-7220
Fax: (217) 792-7221
- Parent/Student signature pages must be returned to the school office prior to the first day of school for your student to be issued an iPad. Payment for the PLI Protection Plan is required in order for your child to bring an iPad home from school daily. Parents need to read through the PLI Handbook with their child(ren). Also, parents of students under 13 need to submit an accurate email address to the office prior to the first day of school for their child to be able to participate. Read this document regarding Apple IDs if your child is under 13 years of age.
- Thursday, August 27th: The lunch menu has changed. The Friday meal will be served on Thursday. The Thursday meal will be served Friday.
- Any incoming 5th - 8th grade girl who is interested in playing basketball this fall is strongly encourage to attend camp. Camp will be held Monday, August 25th - Thursday, August 28th, from 3:30 pm until 5:00 pm. Try-outs for the MPGS Honeybear Basketball Team are Tuesday, September 2nd, from 3:15 pm until 5:00 pm. Registration Form - Due Monday, August 25th!
- The bus barn phone number is 217-792-5687. This number receives text messages and calls. Please text or call the bus barn if your child will not be riding as usual.
- Families interested in purchasing the $100 Family Athletics Pass may do so at any indoor home athletic event or may see Mr. Newton during regular school hours.
- Need affordable internet at home? Comcast is offering an affordable opportunity for families who qualify. Click here to check it out or call 1-855-846-8376.
- Unlike current state assessments, the PARCC assessments will provide information on the full range of knowledge and skills needed to be career and college ready or on track toward that goal. These improvements from current tests will help teachers guide instruction and give more information to students and their parents. Find out more:
- Click here to read the MPCUD #23 Personalized Learning Initiative (PLI) as discussed in detail at the August 2013 Board of Education meeting.
Guidelines for Interrupted School Days
- Citation 105 ILCS 5/18-12 states "Interrupted days may not be pre-announced. All school districts have access to various media outlets to announce early dismissal/school closings to inform parents and allow them to arrange alternative child care arrangements as necessary." Please be aware of the possibility that early dismissals due to excessive heat wil be made on the day of the dismissal. Keep informed by checking the media outlets listed in the Student Handbook, by signing up to receive email alerts via TeacherEase, or by checking the school Facebook page.
- The Technology Department recycles used cell phones, inkjet cartridges, and laserjet cartridges throughout the entire school year. Toner and ribbons are not accepted. Feel free to drop off items in the school office for the recycling program.
- Keep informed of your students' progress online. TeacherEase is available for students and parents. Request a sign-in!
School Year Information
- 2014-15 Academic School Year Calendar - Approved on 4/22/14