Principal, Terry Morgan
206 South Spring Street
Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
Phone: (217) 792-3209
Fax: (217) 792-3248
- MTI $10,000 Grant Contest - MPHS has made it to the TOP 25 for the MTI Grant! We need your help to win!! Voting begins March 24! Log on to Facebook. Go to MTI's Facebook page and "like" it if you have not already (www.facebook.com/MidwestTechnicalInstituteSpringfieldIL) Click on The “High School Grant” Link. Go to View Entries and click on the video for Mt. Pulaski High School-there is a blue “VOTE” button on the right hand side of the screen. Once you have voted, share the site on your page so others can vote for MPHS! Encourage your family, friends, neighbors, and everyone you know to vote for MPHS! The winner will be announced April 27, 2014. Every week the school with the lowest amount of votes will be dropped from the competition-so be sure to vote!!!
- Monday, April 14th: The track meet and the baseball game are cancelled due to the weather.
- Monday, April 14th: ACT Math “Boot Camp” from 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, April 15th: Prom tickets will be sold during lunch hour at $25 per ticket.
- Wednesday, April 16th: 2:01 pm dismissal
- Wednesday, April 16th: Prom tickets will be sold during lunch hour at $25 per ticket.
- Thursday, April 17th: No School
- Friday, April 18th: No School
- Monday, April 21st: No School
- Tuesday, April 22nd: Livestock Judging at Lincoln Land
- Wednesday, April 23rd: ACT Testing
- Wednesday, April 23rd: Seniors attend Lincoln Career Conference
- Wednesday, April 23rd: FCCLA Recognition at 6:00 pm
- Thursday, April 24th: PSAT Testing
- Friday, April 25th: “Out of Town” guest forms for Prom are due.
- Friday, April 25th: Mid-Term
- Friday, April 25th: State Livestock & Dairy Judging Contest at U of I
- Wednesday, April 30th: Band & Chorus Concert at 7:00 pm
- Saturday, May 3rd: Prom
- MPHS Cheerleading Tryouts - Application required - Clincis are May 5th (5-6:30 pm), May 6th (3-5:00 pm), and May 7th (5-6:30 pm) - Tryouts will be on May 9th (5:00 pm)
- Tuesday, May 6th: National Honor Society Induction at 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 6th: Honors Night at 6:30 pm
- Friday, May 9th: Student Council MS/Diabetes Walk
- Tuesday, May 13th: Baccalaureate at 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 20th: Finals (Seniors only - even periods)
- Wednesday, May 21st: Finals (Seniors only - odd periods)
- Thursday, May 22nd: Senior Class Trip
- Saturday, May 24th: High School Graduation at 4:00 pm
- Monday, May 26th: No School - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 27th: Spring Sports Banquet at 6:30 pm
- Thursday, May 29th: Final Exams (even classes) - 2:01 pm Dismissal
- Friday, May 30th: Final Exams (odd classes) - 2:01 pm Dismissal
- Monday, June 2nd: Last Day of Student Attendance - 2:01 pm Dismissal
- Friday, June 13th: Last day the office is open until August
- Attention Seniors: Click here for local scholarship information. A comprehensive list of Illinois scholarships is also available at www.studentscholarships.org.
- Congratulations to Madison Haley for winning the National 2013-14 Voice of Democracy Essay Competition sponsored by the VFW! Click to listen (she begins speaking at 1:39:50) to Madison’s essay titled “Why I’m Optimistic About Our Nation’s Future.” Madison received a $30,000 scholarship as the National Champion!
- Order your 2014 Yearbook online!
- Keep informed of your students' progress online. TeacherEase is available for students and parents. Request a sign-in!
Midwest Technical Institute Grant Contest
Mount Pulaski has been registered with MTI (Midwest Technical Institute) to win a $10,000 grant for the high school. Voting takes place exclusively on Facebook and it is very easy to do:
- Log onto Facebook (or create an account if you do not have one so you can vote!)
- Got to MTI's Facebook page and "like" it (www.facebook.com/MidwestTechnicalInstituteSpringfieldIL)
- There is a link on the page that will take you to where you can select Mount Pulaski or you can click on this link right here ----->(http://bit.ly/17sEGbu)
- Select Mount Pulaski and submit.
- And then of course share it on your wall so family/friends can vote as well! Each Facebook user gets one nomination vote so please encourage everyone you know to vote. Voting will end February 15, 2014, so we have time to get everyone to vote.
- Click here to read the letter from the Math Department regarding the new online textbooks/ebooks
- Click here to read the MPCUD #23 Personalized Learning Initiative (PLI) as discussed in detail at the August 2013 Board of Education meeting.
- Unlike current state assessments, the PARCC assessments will provide information on the full range of knowledge and skills needed to be career and college ready or on track toward that goal. These improvements from current tests will help teachers guide instruction and give more information to students and their parents. Find out more:
Guidelines for Interrupted School Days
- Citation 105 ILCS 5/18-12 states "Interrupted days may not be pre-announced. All school districts have access to various media outlets to announce early dismissal/school closings to inform parents and allow them to arrange alternative child care arrangements as necessary." Please be aware of the possibility that early dismissals due to excessive heat wil be made on the day of the dismissal. Keep informed by checking the media outlets listed in the Student Handbook, by signing up to receive email alerts via TeacherEase, or by checking the school Facebook page.
School Year Information
- 2013-2014 Academic School Year Calendar - Updated on 2/7/14
- Need affordable internet at home? Comcast is offering an affordable opportunity for families who qualify. Click here to check it out or call 1-855-846-8376.