Principal, Terry Morgan
206 South Spring Street
Mount Pulaski, IL 62548
Phone: (217) 792-3209
Fax: (217) 792-3248
- Congratulations to Madison Haley for winning the National 2013-14 Voice of Democracy Essay Competition sponsored by the VFW! Click to listen (she begins speaking at 1:39:50) to Madison’s essay titled “Why I’m Optimistic About Our Nation’s Future.” Madison received a $30,000 scholarship as the National Champion!
- Monday, March 10th: Yearbook Workshop from 3:20 pm until 5:20 pm
- Tuesday, March 11th: Winter Sports Banquet at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 11th: Art Club will meet after school.
- Wednesday, March 12th: 1:31 pm dismissal for School Improvement
- Thursday, March 13th: All sophomores and seniors will be participating in the Illinois Youth Survey. Parent letters were sent home with students from their English teachers the week of February 18th.
- Friday, March 14th: FCCLA Blood Drive
- Friday, March 21st: End of Quarter 3
- Attention Seniors: Click here for local scholarship information. A comprehensive list of Illinois scholarships is also available at www.studentscholarships.org.
- Tuesday, March 25th: Freshman Orientation Night at 6:30 pm
- Friday, March 28th: FFA Banquet
- Friday, April 4th: School play at 7:00 pm
- Saturday, April 5th: School play at 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 9th: 1:31 pm dismissal for School Improvement
- Wednesday, April 16th: 2:01 pm dismissal
- Thursday, April 17th: No School
- Friday, April 18th: No School
- Monday, April 21st: No School
- Wednesday, April 23rd: ACT Testing
- Thursday, April 24th: PSAT Testing
- Wednesday, April 30th: Band/Chorus Concert at 7:00 pm
- Saturday, May 3rd: Prom
- Tuesday, May 6th: National Honor Society Induction at 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 6th: Honors Night at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 13th: Baccalaureate at 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 20th: Finals (Seniors only - even periods)
- Wednesday, May 21st: Finals (Seniors only - odd periods)
- Thursday, May 22nd: Senior Class Trip
- Saturday, May 24th: High School Graduation at 4:00 pm
- Monday, May 26th: No School - Memorial Day
- Monday, June 2nd: Last Day of Student Attendance
- Order your 2014 Yearbook online!
- Keep informed of your students' progress online. TeacherEase is available for students and parents. Request a sign-in!
Midwest Technical Institute Grant Contest
Mount Pulaski has been registered with MTI (Midwest Technical Institute) to win a $10,000 grant for the high school. Voting takes place exclusively on Facebook and it is very easy to do:
- Log onto Facebook (or create an account if you do not have one so you can vote!)
- Got to MTI's Facebook page and "like" it (www.facebook.com/MidwestTechnicalInstituteSpringfieldIL)
- There is a link on the page that will take you to where you can select Mount Pulaski or you can click on this link right here ----->(http://bit.ly/17sEGbu)
- Select Mount Pulaski and submit.
- And then of course share it on your wall so family/friends can vote as well! Each Facebook user gets one nomination vote so please encourage everyone you know to vote. Voting will end February 15, 2014, so we have time to get everyone to vote.
- Click here to read the letter from the Math Department regarding the new online textbooks/ebooks
- Click here to read the MPCUD #23 Personalized Learning Initiative (PLI) as discussed in detail at the August 2013 Board of Education meeting.
- Unlike current state assessments, the PARCC assessments will provide information on the full range of knowledge and skills needed to be career and college ready or on track toward that goal. These improvements from current tests will help teachers guide instruction and give more information to students and their parents. Find out more:
Guidelines for Interrupted School Days
- Citation 105 ILCS 5/18-12 states "Interrupted days may not be pre-announced. All school districts have access to various media outlets to announce early dismissal/school closings to inform parents and allow them to arrange alternative child care arrangements as necessary." Please be aware of the possibility that early dismissals due to excessive heat wil be made on the day of the dismissal. Keep informed by checking the media outlets listed in the Student Handbook, by signing up to receive email alerts via TeacherEase, or by checking the school Facebook page.
School Year Information
- 2013-2014 Academic School Year Calendar - Updated on 2/7/14
- Need affordable internet at home? Comcast is offering an affordable opportunity for families who qualify. Click here to check it out or call 1-855-846-8376.