Update from the Superintendent
Tuesday, April 07, 2020
Good Day, Hilltoppers, Honeybears, & Bruins!
Here is an update on items that may affect you:
- School remains closed due to the pandemic through April 30, 2020.
- Remote Learning is up and running. If you have questions, email your student’s teacher or call the school office to speak with your principal. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to Noon.
- School will be closed Friday, April 10, and Monday, April 13, in observation of Spring Break. Remote Learning will pick back up on Tuesday April 14.
- Students who are picking up breakfast and lunch at our remote locations will receive breakfast and lunch for our two days of break at your normal pickup on Thursday, April 9. Make sure you don’t miss out!
- The grade school playground remains closed until further notice out of concern for student safety.
- We have had groups of children playing on the dirt piles at the corner of Wayne and Marion Streets this past week. This is concerning in two parts. First, groups are gathering during quarantine putting our community at risk of spreading COVID-19. Secondly, the dirt piles are unfiltered and may have construction debris such as boards, nails, bricks and asphalt scattered throughout. We are concerned a child could get hurt and ask that you please keep them clear from school property.
- High school construction is progressing and next moving to the high school main entrance. This area will be closed for the foreseeable future as renovation work begins. If you need access to the high school for student work, call Mr. Morgan at 792-3209, and he will meet you at the southwest gym entrance to take care of your needs.
Have a Happy Easter Break!