COVID-19 Quarantine Update
The Logan County Health Department announced today that based on low probability of COVID–19 transmission after 10 days (risk estimate per CDC to be about 1% with an upper limit of about 10%), all people quarantined for contact may end after Day 10 without testing, if no symptoms have been reported during any day of the daily monitory period.
With this new option, the following additional criteria through Day 14 must be met:
- Correct and consistent mask use (including within homes),
- Social distancing,
- Hand hygiene,
- Environmental cleaning and disinfection,
- Avoiding crowds,
- Ensuring adequate indoor ventilation,
- Monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19 illness, and
- Minimizing contact with persons at increased risk for severe illness, including vulnerable and congregate populations.
Students may return to extra-curricular activities once they have completed the 10-day quarantine and with no symptoms.
If you have questions concerning changes to quarantine restrictions, please contact your building administrator. Wash up, mask up and keep the distance!
Fred Lamkey, Mt. Pulaski Superintendent